Congratulations! You have submitted your application. Now, here are the next steps…
1. Pay your application fee online.
If you are submitting application deposits for more than one person in your household, you can make your deposit payments online together in one transaction.
2. Schedule your interview!
GIRLS/PARENTS GUARDIANS: This interview will be a video interview (via Skype) primarily with the girl participant, however at least one parent must be present. For parents/guardians traveilng with the girl, your presence is also required to conduct the interview. This interview can be scheduled any Saturday between November 23 and December 14, 2020. We expect for our candidates to attend the interview presentably, ready to both answer questions and ask questions, as if for a real job or school/college interview.
CHAPERONES; Your interview will be a video interview as well, and must be scheduled during November 23 and December 28, 2020. Upon successful interview completion, a secure form will be sent to capture private vital details in order to submit your background check.
The Skype link and information will be sent within a confirmation email once the entire application (form, deposit and teacher recommendation) has been submitted.
3. Wait for your acceptance kit!
After your interview, we will be notifying applicants by or before 16 December 2019 of their acceptance. For Chaperones, your acceptance notifications will be sent by or before 30 December 2019. Your acceptance kit includes the following:
- Acceptance letter
- Digital GO KIT (pdf handbok and calendar)
- Private access to our online portal that serves as a step by step guide to getting prepared for the trip with things like payment plan tracker, passport applications and guidance, trip insurance, fundraising kits, Private facebook group, connecting with other girls and their parents and more!
- For parents: Complete applicant file that requests vital, health/medical, emergency contact, and other important information
- (Chaperones) Consent to search background check
As of January 2020, you will be assigned a GIRLGO Chaperone and Mentor, who will keep in touch with you, checkin on progress with school, life and trip fundraising progress, answer questions and help you get ready for the trip!
4. Questions after your application submission? Contact us!
Email us anytime travel [at] girlgo.co. You can also instant message us on Facebook or ask for a direct line (phone) so that you can call or text anytime!