We want to travel the world with you! Applications close December 13!
ITALY + MOROCCO + FRANCE Summer Experience 2020
June 5-19, 2020 | Girls ages 14-17* | Rome & Amalfi Coast, Marrakech, Paris Spend your summer in Europe and North Africa! Fifteen days, three countries, twenty girls, to include a private boat excursion on Italy’s Amalfi Coast, two university tours in Rome, a night under the star in the Saharan desert just outside Marrakech and a day spent in Paris, France touring the Eifel Tower! PLUS our GIRLGO Entrepreneur and Leadership program… this will be a summer to remember!
The GIRLGO Summer Experience Abroad is an immersive learn and leisure experience. Learn while exploring the world!
LEARN | Entrepreneur and Leadership Program
To create a fun, interactive and educational experience during your summer abroad, GIRLGO has designed The Entrepreneur and Leadership Program just for girls ages 14-17. You can choose to the ownership or leadership path, and during the trip you will spend dedicated time, learning about the basics of ownership and leadership, understanding personal and business finance, technology, marketing and ethics that will allow you to take your ideas from concept to fruition. Even if business and entrepreneurship is not your career goal, this program is centered on strengthening your leadership skills, and will sharpen your ability to think critically and strategically, while putting your poblem-solving skills to the test. You will work individually and in groups, and there will be micro-exercises, speakers and group activities. Your university tours will enhance the experience with interaction between professors and students. This program is for the girl who wants to be BOSS, achieve her own goals and contribute to her community. Experienced entrepreneur trainers and teachers will show you how!
- Choose: Ownership (for those who want to start a business, organization or project), or Leadership (for those who want to learn how to lead in their school, community and career)
- Learn the GIRLGO 7-anchors of entrepreneurship and leadership:
Ideation, Planning, Startup, Finance, Technology, Marketing and Service/Ethics
Engage in 3 interactive exercises and projects that transform your ideas into attainable goals. These activities will challenge your business and leadership skills.
- Complete a single master project that can serve as the foundation for your business, organization or project
- Participate in self-enrichment huddles with our mentors. These huddles are personal development sessions, where you get to listen and speak on topics that matter to you
- All participants will receive a GIRLGO Entrepreneur & Leadership Book outlined with projects, learning modules and goal-planning space. You will also receive a journal, pen and Vision Map.
LEISURE | Indulge, explore and have fun!
This trip is NOT all work and no play! We believe what makes GIRLGO trips unique, fun and memorable is our spirit of discovery and adventure. We know how to enjoy this culture! Part of your cultural immersion experience, is an introduction to the Italian language before and during the trip. One of the most important ways to show another culture respect, is to learn their language and have a basic grasp of their culture. We’ll teach you the basic before you get here! Then once you arrive, we will take it to the next level, learn more Italian customs and indulge in some la dolce vita! We taste unique foods to Italy, like cheeses and chocolates, cruise the Mediterranean Sea,
LEISURE OVERVIEW | YOUR ITINERARY
Take an Italian Language class with a local teacher
Enjoy a cooking class and vineyard tour
Socialize with locals to practice speaking and learning about Italian culture
Learn about the significance of Italy, its heritage and history, through guided tours of Colosseum, Vatican City, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Duomo di Orvieto, waterfalls in the Umbrian countryside, trekking in a hilly countryside town and more
- Visit local markets, taste traditional chocolates, breads, cheeses and beverages
- Cruise the Amalfi coast on our private boat
- Enjoy free time
GIRLGO Europe + North Africa 2020 Trip Itinerary* Sample
- Day 2 Arrival, Safety Orientation; Learning Lab; Intro to Orvieto
- Day 3 Day trip to Rome: Coliseum, Trevi Fountain and Pantheon Walking tour
- Day 4 Morning Project Lab; Afternoon countryside excursion to Civita di Bagnoregio
- Day 5 Civita di Bagnoregio day trip; Afternoon Self-enrichment group; free evening
- Day 6 Day trip to Rome American-Italian universities; Vatican/ St. Peters Bascilica
- Day 7-9 Sorrento and Amalfi Coast cruise, 2-night stay ; Annual Evening in White — this time on the beach!
- Day 10 Final days in Italy; Project completion
- Day 11 Depart Naples to Marrakech, Morocco; Explore the market
- Day 12 Day and overnight trip to Atlas Mountains and Moroccan desert
- Day 13 Final day in Morocco, visit La Bahia Museum & Leisure
- Day 14 Depart to Paris, France; tour Eifel Tower and attractions
- Day 15 Depart Paris to New York, USA
*Days may be rearranged or itinerary changed.
You can indicate which scholarship you are interested in applying for, on your general application and information will be sent to you, on how to take the next steps to receive a scholarship, if selected. The GIRLGO Presto Scholarship is an automatic scholarship applied to your trip cost, as long as you apply by the deadline indicated.
GIRLGO Presto Scholarship
These scholarships have already been automatically included in the 2020 total trip cost thanks to our generous partners!
Number Allotted: 20
GIRLGO Academic Achievers
In March 2020, we are awarding two GIRLGO trip participants with $150 off their program cost, for being an outstanding student! Must qualify and applications will be available January 2020!
Number Allotted: 2
GIRLGO Supports Scholarship
We support single-parent households so that your girl can explore the world! We are awarding $300 off of their program cost! Must qualify and applications will be available December 1.
Number Allotted: 2