Parents, an amazing experience awaits, but we need you!
Working together to ensure a successful trip for your girl will involve a team effort. We understand that allowing your girl to travel internationally without you, is no easy decision. We’ve outlined a few highlights to demonstrate just how important health and safety is for GIRLGO. We invite you to connect with us one on one. Schedule an appointment with the director, Victoria, so that she can share the GIRLGO vision, the benefits and opportunities, and answer your questions about the organization, team, trip and how you and your girl can be part of something amazing this year! More information, features and tools will be added to this page as we get going.
All GIRLGO staff and chaperones who travel with us have a clear background check on file. You will have a profile of all chaperones, and their contact, upon successfull application.
When a girl applies to go on a trip, she and her family/parents must interview with us. It’s important to become well acquainted before the trip and open the door for easy, honest, open communication.
SOCIAL IMPACT ORGANIZATION
GIRLGO is a social impact organization, built to connect under-served girls to global opportunities. We are a conscious company that provides free resources to its members, along with monetary sponsorships to girl members who demonstrate need.
WOMEN INSPIRING GIRLS
GIRLGO is a team of women travelers who want to inspire girls to travel. We not only organize international trips, but we also connect with our girls individually, to mentor and provide guidance.
Orvieto, Italy in the region of Umbria
Italy, Your Home Away from Home
What makes our trip safe and unique, is the fact that when we travel abroad, there’s a single place that we call our home base, Orvieto, Italy. Orvieto is one hour north of Rome, outside of the hustle and bustle of the big city of Rome. It is a quiet, quaint, medieval hilltop town, and home to many other American-based university exchange groups. See more images, video and information about Orvieto and Italy here!
Everything We Do In Preparation for this Trip, We Do it to Benefit Your Girl
The entire application, interview and acceptance process is a process that allows your girl to start preparing and learning how to interview and present herself for important roles in her life. By the time she applies for college or her first job, she will be well-versed and well-spoken with lots of practice under her belt. Even in the fundraising process, while sending a link, email or text message cana get the job done, we require that at least 25% of her money and efforts are conducted offline– requiring face to face interaction with her community, in order to build a circle of support, accountability and people skills.
FYI: We share details on exact lodgings when you schedule a chat with us, or apply. For security reasons, we do not disclose this information on our website.
WHERE WE STAY
Our home for two-weeks, is a bed and breakfast that we occupy entirely, meaning no other guests will stay, while we’re there. The girls are assigned a room and roommate(s). They can unpack and no matter where we go, we always come back here, home.
A WATCHFUL EYE
For our minor travelers, know that there is a 5-1 ratio of girls to adult mentor. We stay in the same home with the girls, travel together, eat togther, tour together, GO TOGETHER. There is nothing that we do separately. Even if your girl needs a pharmacy or gelato run, we go with her.
Before the trip, we’ll establish a standing checkin time when your girl checks in with you across the 6 to 7 hour time difference. You can count on a call during these times. However, all mentors and directors will have their mobile for anytime communication, in case you need to get in touch.
Quick Links & Info
We know you want the best for your girl. We do too! Here are a few more things we’ve put in place for the best trip and experience of her life:
- When your extended profile is completed (after application and acceptance into the program), we’ll get to know details about your girl like any preferences, medical information, allergens and personal information pertinent to her health, safety and wellb-being. All such information will be kept confidential.
- Parents and girl trip participants are required to review the voluntary travel waiver, release liability and the GIRLGO Code of Behavior, and sign.
- We provide you with a deep discount to our preferred travel insurance company, that protects against and has provisions for trip interruption, trip cancellation, lost luggage, accidental fatalities or dismemberment and more. Trip brochure policy details will be available before purchase.
- Santa Maria della Stella is the local hospital, 7-10 minutes from our home base, with clinics and pharmacies within walking distance from our home. In Italy, the health and wellbeing of any individual, including visitors, is paramount. Regardless of insurance coverage, when there is an emergency or need to be seen by a medical professional, they ensure that you are seen and taken care of without cost. (You read that correctly, without cost!)
- You get our homebase phone, cell, email and physical addresses to all locations whereby we’ll be staying. You’ll also have access and information to our Trusts, indviduals on U.S. and Italy soil, who can speak to you on our behalf, should we no be able to speak to you.