GIRLGO has created a unique, hands-on international internship program for students who have an interest in travel, and are looking to gain experience in the fields of Photography, Journalism, Communication or Multimedia Marketing. We are seeking one bright, eager, hard-working and professional female photographer to join our team in Italy this summer to participate in a 15-day internship program!
ABOUT US | GIRLGO is a travel sorority that organizes life-changing international trips for girls 14 and up. Our distinguished program exposes girls to social impact opportunities, skill-building workshops, self-development exploration and guided tours and excursions in countries all over the world. Our ethos, Experience. Exposure. Early. Our mission is to create a sorority of like-minded girl travelers, where life-long friendships, team building and exposure to a world of possibilities can begin, as early as possible. We’re based in Italy, and our future itineraries will include Spain, France, Africa and UAE!
ABOUT THE TRIP | We’ve filled the capacity of our Summer 2018 trip, taking a group of amazing junior-high to high school-age girls to Italy for 17 days! They’ll focus on one of two tracks: Introduction to Global Entrepreneurship or Global S.T.E.M (partnering with The GEMS Camp, founded by Saki Milton) while discovering the modern and ancient marvels of Rome, Florence and the Naples/Sorrento/Amalfi Coast regions! There will be 4 adult chaperones and 2 junior chaperones on the trip.
ABOUT THE POSITION | GIRLGO is seeking a Photography & Multimedia Intern, to assist the Marketing team in capturing the essence of the Italy Summer 2018 trip, from beginning to end. She’ll interact with the girls, chaperones and locals in Italy, while also capturing the ancient ruins, like the Coliseum, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Orvieto historic center and Duomo — and let’s not forget about the pasta, pizza and gelato! The Photography & Multimedia intern will report directly to the Program Director and assist with the day-to-day media planning, opportunities and unique multimedia objectives. She is ideally a graduating high school senior or entering into/ in her first year of college, and has a demonstrated interest in photography, video and multimedia.
- Photograph and video* travel group, activities, excursions, learning labs/workshops, landscapes and architecture
- Assist Program Director and Program Manager on trip days to coordinate and implement objectives
- Edit and package selected multimedia
Required profile, equipment and skills:
- Must be a graduating high school senior or active college freshman with an interest/emphasis in or plans to study journalism, photojournalism, communications, creative direction or marketing/communication
- Must have a 2.9 or higher GPA and in good academic standing
- High proficiency in written and verbal skills
- Ability to present and maintain a high level of professionalism during travel, in an international environment
- Online portfolio showcasing body of work and demonstrated photography and photo-editing experience
- PLUS: Not required, but a major plus for video and video editing skills
- Works well in unfamiliar environment; agility to adapt to new/ unfamiliar environment
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and be flexible to travel schedule
- PLUS: Not required but, but a major plus to have possession of at least one DSLR camera that you use professionally (We have equipment as well)
- Must be able to attend for the entire duration of the trip (05 June to 21 June).
Notes: This is an internship opportunity, and we expect that you will learn and grow during the program. However, it is important to maintain a highly professional demeanor within the GIRLGO organization and while traveling internationally, as we are ambassadors of the United States of America and must represent our culture well.
GIRLGO International Internship Perks
- 15-days All Italy-expense paid trip — You are only responsible for airfare from U.S. to Italy. You can purchase your flight through GIRLGO with our group discount. You can get details about our trip and general itinerary here.
- Two professional development sessions to help you shape your professional outlook
- All lodging, meals and excursions/ tours provided
- GOKit and GIRLGO Tee
- Access to personal Macbook laptop during the trip
- To apply for this position, email email@example.com. Your submission should consist of a headshot, CV and cover letter introducting yourself and explaining why traveling to Italy is a good opportunity for you. You must also include a link to your online portfolio.
- It is recommended to apply with a letter of recommendation from a teacher, mentor or employer, however it is not required with your initial submission. It will be required after your interview and upon final round of selected candidates.
- Deadline: We’re receiving submissions until 10pm CST, March 03, 2018.
- Decision notification: March 08, 2018
Good luck to all candidates! We can’t wait to travel the world with you!